Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Look what I found!






Jack hammers, pile driver and shaking buildings today as the remainder of the ramp is removed.
Bet this guy was surprised when he turned around











The others managed to escape when the going was good, guess they couldn't stand the sound.












Definitely a day for pardon our dust, by 1PM you could see dust seeping through the interior temporary wall. So major work was halted.

Supervisor and demo crew couldn't believe the thickness of the concrete and wire mesh and the depth of the footings


We were all surprised to see what was underneath the ramp--no, not Jimmy Hoffa, just open space and stout 4x4's as cross support. Remnants of the straw put down in 1961 for original work.

As they pulled away more and more, a cat came running out when the ramp floor was lifted up by the bobcat. Must have sneaked in over the past few nights for a warm, dry spot.


If only the rest of the construction period can have the bright blue sky and a few puffy clouds, as today.

2 comments:

KJ said...

Wow! I LOVE that you put together this blog! It will let me know what's going on without driving downtown.

Christina said...

Yes! I agree with Kelli Jo. The blog is amazing. I love the history aspect as well. Thank you. (I'm curious what the "orange vehicle" is called a few blogs back. I bet my 10 year old nephew could tell me! :-)
from 50-year-old Christina F.